Cool thing I just discovered on Google Translate - The online computery journal thingy of a turtle — LiveJournal
Dec. 6th, 2010
11:48 pm - Cool thing I just discovered on Google Translate
1. Load up Google Translate.
2. Set the 'From:' language to Russian. This link should do it for you: http://translate.google.com/#ru|en|
3. If "allow phonetic typing" is on, turn it off.
4. Type some English text into the text box.
5. Click "Listen" below the text box. It will read your text in English, but in a cool European-sounding accent.
By contrast, set the 'To:' language to English (which the above link should also do for you), and click "Listen" below the "translated" text on the right. It will read your text in a drab, stodgy female voice. :}