Choose twelve of your original characters in any particular order (NO PEEKING AT THE QUESTIONS AT THIS STAGE!). Then, answer the questions that follow.
To find 12 characters, I had to think waaay back to a bunch of characters I haven't drawn in a long time, as well as make up personalities for some characters otherwise intended as one-shots.
1 The kinky turtle (silly 3-armed turkle)
2 Sefo (two-headed member of alien race born and raised on Earth)
3 Doris Duck (good guitarist)
4 Teleia Fox (shapeshifting hermaph)
5 Stanley/Ernie (stoat hired by KT to be his archnemesis)
6 Jasmine Ermine (Stanley's four-armed girlfriend)
7 Radar (talking houseplant)
8 Carym Thrickerson (the almost certainly not-nude bunny)
9 Fishhead (guy with a fish on his head who bugs Mary Worth)
10 Shirley the Non-Rutabaga (bunny who turns people into ponies) and Shirley the Rutabaga (her partner in crime)
11 Steve (my car)
12 Chuck (owner of the diner where Jasmine works as a waitress)
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 or 11?
Jasmine. Steve is a car, and can't hold a piece of chalk. Also he doesn't know much beyond driving. I suppose he could be a good driving instructor, though.
2. Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
Sefo ees skeeny, very skeeny. Eet ees confusing to my pulse rate.
3. 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Chuck asks Carym to pick up a shipment of napkins. She gets it, but is almost certain she wasn't nude when she left.
4. What is or would be 9's favorite book?
Possibly Moby Dick. Fishhead's favorite blog, though, is the Comics Curmudgeon.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Jasmine's a waitress, so in a certain sense she's swearing fealty to Sefo every time she takes his order. Um, that's what "fealty" means, right?
6. For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should he share a studio apartment with 9 or with 10?
Hard to say. They'd both annoy Stanley. Fishhead would keep putting fish on his head, and Shirley & Shirley would keep turning him into a pony. Maybe if he learned to cook fish he'd get along with Fishhead.
7. 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Chuck's Diner, of course. Chuck would boast about the cleanliness of his establishment, and point out the total lack of bugs for Radar to eat. Radar would reply that it could eat bits of meat just fine, and order the hash. Sefo would offer to feed it to Radar, but Radar would demonstrate its ability to pick up a fork with a frond.
8. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Doris challenges Shirley & Shirley to a musical contest. They can't play any instruments, so they turn Doris into a pony and win.
9. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would she get it back?
Carym's most precious possession is a T-shirt she got at a TMBG concert. She'd wrestle KT for it, then put it back on. Then she'd look down and say "I'm almost certain I was wearing pants a minute ago."
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
Chuck's greatest desire: to get a certificate of cleanliness from Marvin Zindler.
Radar's greatest desire: same as always, just to get a bite to eat and some sunshine.
"How Much Is That Flytrap in the Window?"
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
An obnoxious man in the diner who needs to go away. Teleia and KT work together to drive him nuts and make him run screaming into the night.
12. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
Radar and I would watch a lot of DVDs, starting with "Little Shop of Horrors".
13. If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
I'd ask Doris to pick me up a fish & chip dinner.
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11?
So far, nobody has drawn my car Steve but me. That'd be nifty, though!
15. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Sefo would choose Teleia. Stanley can be abrasive sometimes. And then there's that whole "KT's archnemesis" thing.
16. What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
The battle cry of Shirley & Shirley: "PONY TIME!"
17. If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Carym's theme song: Iron & Wine, "Naked As We Came".
18. 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
KT is the slowest and hasn't a chance. Jasmine is the quickest and gets it. Chuck is happy to let her have it because after all he makes her serve food all day without getting to eat it.
19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
Sefo says to Shirley & Shirley, "If you go out with me I'll let you turn me into a six-legged pony."
20. What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Name: Stanley Ernest Stoat-Ermine. Charge: Disorderly conduct.
21. What is 6's secret?
Jasmine dyes her fur. What, you thought it was naturally jasmine?
22. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Steve vs. Fishhead: Steve, duh. He's a car!
23. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Carym, because I'm not sure what a small potted plant like Radar could do against bad guys. Of course, when we got home, Carym would be almost certain she was wearing something mere minutes ago...
24. 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
(Above question with names added so you won't have to keep scrolling up and down to make sense of it (not that that'd help anyway):
"KT and Fishhead reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by Teleia's sinister secret organization. Steve volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he is actually a spy for Teleia. Meanwhile, Teleia has kidnapped Chuck in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of Stanley, they seek out Doris Duck, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?")
"Outtasite & Outta Character!"